A little over ten years ago, I was active in scouts, and a teaching assistant in the local grade school. It was a real tough job. I'd round up some 5 to 7 ounce paper cups, a fifteen bean soup mix, and some miracle gro potting soil. Usually I'd get a dozen plastic spoons too. After a few times, I'd figured out that 5 of the fifteen beans would not grow under this method. I'd saved them the bother of finding this out the hard way. I could shepherd a half dozen classes through growing their ten styles of beans. I wish I'd known of aquaculture back then. My mission was mainly esteem building. Show them they could get some plants to grow. Some of these kids were emboldened to go on to grow more things. Two of them were recently arrested for growing something legal in Washington State, but illegal at the Federal level.
The Semi-Ancient World, Through Dr. Stephen Ressler's Eyes
-
The centuries between the Romans and us -- the so-called Dark Ages --
were darkened by plagues and population loss, by painful decentralization
across...
22 hours ago


No comments:
Post a Comment