Tuesday, September 8, 2009

tastes like vinegar

For those who know me, The Laughing Locksmith has been tee-total, with some small relapses, sips here and there, for four years. Since my motivation is different, I don't feel the need for meetings and other trappings, of the celebratory abstainer. Simply put, I will never let a hypocritical state catch me vulnerable that way again.

I guess I could be considered a friend of Bill. I know him as well as anyone else I met in a bar and consider a friend.

One of my props is a handy bottle of rum. Any time I feel weak, I pull it out and stare it down. Remembering the happy times, the times I was on my knees before the porcelain god trying to throw up my toenails, the happy times I wished I remembered.

I picked up a friend recently, though he needed another drink like the ghost of Fred Astaire needed a dance lesson. I decided to poor him one from my bottle. Not like I was using it or anything.

I opened it, and son of a bitch, IT SMELLED LIKE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR!

I guess the daughter of our freeloading roomie found it. Decided it would function as well for my use with vinegar, and she could have free booze.

She and her boyfriend are no longer welcome here. If the roomie doesn't like it she can leave too.

No comments: