Wednesday, November 30, 2011

merry freaking christmas

Shamelessly stolen from this post on Tam's Blog!

Well I had been looking for tires for a recent (less than a decade old) model of GM Buick.  The tires off my old merc sable will serve.  Now I just gotta get them mounted, and balanced for a small amount of personal indignity!

I also have to deal with the tires on my 1985 Dodge Ram 250.  They are 9.50rX16.5LT  the only trouble is that 16.5 measurement.  A heavy boat-trailer sales outfit advertised the tire, but on calling them said it was no longer produced.  About 15 years ago, my Dad traded wheels with a Ford truck, that had been made for the Army.  I can't cry.  They served Dad, then me, faithfully for about 15 years.  I wish I could find 4 or 5 more for the next 15 years.

It looks like I will have to struggle through a salvage yard for some 16 inch rims.  Hopefully with a nice set of tires already upon them.

In other news I have been banished from Roberta X's good graces.
Nights are getting longer,  Tempers are getting shorter!
'Tis the season!

No comments: