Wednesday, April 16, 2008

hello cousin...

About 30 years ago someone said, "We won't be fighting the Russians over our Freedom, we'll be fighting them over our parking spaces......"

Oh, wait, that was me....

The gubbermint, did their level best to turn me into a hatin' kind of person. I went to teach a class 1/2 full of Russians. Son of a gun, Except for the girls having a cute way of holding their mouth that I've never seen a US citizen employ, they are just like ourselves, only brighter and quicker.

Their weapons are dismissed as 'Cheap Commie Garbage'. Bullshit! I have had any number of CZ-52s in the house. Had more trouble with HK & the Glocks. I just took delivery of a well-used Tokarev 9mm. IT'S A 1903 COLT or BROWNING! You go halfway around the world to find a new love, and it's your first cousin!

Shoots sweet though... I'll be slightly ashamed to convert it back to 7.62X25 mm...

(some time later) Wow, All I have to do is push out a pin holding the mag well spacer, and change the barrel over, I've already taken it through those steps. Rather than wait for sksman.com to ship me a barrel, (and sarco.com to send me mags in both calibers), I have re-assembled the pistol, and taken it out with some 9mm I stumbled over when checking my comm-bloc ammo inventory. I had wolf and CCI aluminum stashed in there, the wolf is obivious in my thinking. I must have equated the speer berdan priming to treason 5 years ago.....Oh well, we'll have some fun....

No comments: