Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hello Old Friend....

Well I opened up the secret safe today.  Not content to wait for my new Tokarev,  I dragged out my old CZ-52.  7.62X25 Tokarev ammo is so effin' cheap compared to 9mm, that I'm gonna score a case lot.  I used to compare this to the round back guitar that Roy Clark of Hee Haw fame used to make jokes about.  "I want to meet the man who made this guitar, I'm not going to say a word to him, I just want to look at his stomach...."   I wanted to meet the Czech designers and users of this gun, though I might be afraid to shake their hands.  


But after a year or so of Brownings,  S&W double stack autos, and the occasional Glock, this pistol doesn't feel so alien in my hands any more.  I went out and used up my last stash of old ammo, terrorizing the empty tin can population.  I got some Seller & Bellot in reserve in case anything needs shot before my order arrives from Sportsman's Guide...   One day when I'm really industrious, I'll make these all links.  Right now, I'm going to whittle down my supply of tens of thousands of .22lr, by going out and chasing some tin cans around the country.....

I went through my old ammo supplies, stuff that gun show people would practically give away, rather than pack back home with them.  I have almost a dozen boxes of 7.62X25.  But, I'm still gonna go thru my SG ammo first.  I do decap berdan primed ammo.  Easier to melt the brass, if I don't have to skim out spent primers.  

No comments: