Sunday, February 22, 2009

(Dude's) Got a SIG!

I dare not say Babe, until I know her reaction to such words. She, Brigid, IS armed after all. Those of us unfortunate enough not to work for our Uncle Sam, -That is a 'gimme' dear, Only Feds carry SIGs. As police writer Patrick Sweeney would say, they're the only ones who can afford to. Don't get me wrong, I love the SIG, or I would if it were a gun I could afford to carry. I just saw a 9mm Tokarev that came out of the factory looking like a sweet thin-frame Detonics. After some clothes mods, I reluctantly set aside my Smith & Wesson 457 .45, and opted for a PA-63. This Makarov era Hungarian copy of the Walther is a blast. The frame is aluminum with 1% titanium. I may even turn my hand to making that kind of alloy for my bolt action 7.62X25 rifles.



My carry, and the soft floppy hoster that Tam totally detests.....

Does anyone KNOW if titanium will dissolve in aluminum? 3700F is kinda hard to achieve with backyard tech.

No comments: