Friday, June 25, 2010

Red Dwarf

If you don't know the TV Show Red Dwarf, go to the library, rent and view the season's disk sets in order and then come back to this post. You'll thank me. British comedy expands the intellect, and brings a singular joy to the soul.


The reason I bring this up is that, Brigid had Red Dwarf: Infinity Welcomes Careful Drivers, in her "Currently Reading" Book Roll.

I obtained this book for a pledge, to my public TV Station. It is a darling tribute to the show by the two men whose vision made the show possible. It's companion book Better Than Life, continues the story with a totally unexpected ending. The redemption of Rimmer.
I've seen the Frank Burns', and the Arnold Rimmers, of the world. They do exist in real life. I've been privileged to have actually befriended a couple such people, and found, to my joy, that the martinet at work, was left at the door of work. These were as different people outside the work place as I expect actor Chris Barrie, (who played Rimmer) is from the character he portrays.

No comments: