Sunday, August 8, 2010

Downsizing

I'm 6 feet and 6 inches tall, I have been known to exceed 425 pounds. I have been subjected to abuse by people who have faced down those 20 pounds and sent them packing. There's a comedian on Comedy Central, who comes on stage saying "I lost 280 pounds.... ...Please don't clap, I mean I lost a whole fat man and I'm still fat." That's me right there, I could lose 200 pounds and I might then be physically acceptable to the beautiful people.


But this isn't a post about Downsizing me, it's a post about downsizing my life. Starting with the house.

In the next few days you'll see some new additions to my blog roll. Bits about little houses less than 200 square feet.

When I look back upon my life, I realize that my happiest moments were on the road, in a car, RV, or motorcycle. I blame Charles Kuralt.

I used to live for his On The Road series which was a cheery counterpoint to the depressing news of Vietnam each night. Not to mention Uncle Wally's pro VC stance...

I am looking for a small motor home, which I can live out my days in, but Jay Shafer's small houses tempt me! I think it's the trailer they are built upon. I love the idea of putting a house on wheels and seeing if absence does really make the heart grow fonder.

No comments: