Monday, August 9, 2010

Spaghetti with Balls

In a move designed to infuriate the more gourmet readers. I grabbed pasta, Ragu, and store bought meatballs. I wished to make a quick and easy spaghetti. Well like the late Paul Newman on his spaghetti sauce jar, I was less than happy with the results.


This prompted me to do a Google search for 'Meatballs', though I freely admit that the spaghetti sauce was disappointing on the same scale as the election. -I'm still waiting for my Gorram Unicorn-

I have been making my spaghetti on the same recipe since I bellied up to the stove in 1976 or so.
Brown Meat, Drain Meat, add jar of Sauce, cook on low for about 20-25 minutes while bringing pasta to boil, boil pasta for 15 minutes or if unfamiliar with brand, watch like hawk.

My new standard for al-dente means I can 'dente' it without my upper plate. As dysfunctional and hurting as they were, I miss my upper teeth.

Watch this space as I experiment this next week, with the intention of serving 'Spaghetti with Balls'.

No comments: