Saturday, November 17, 2007

He's Baaaacccckkkkkkk

most of my favorite foods are being sent back with extreme prejudice. I can't blog when there's a risk of barfing all over the keyboard. I felt a little better yesterday. They sent me my Nokia 770 Internet Tablet. I'll be pestering someone in a tech service to give me a grocery store stylus for this and I'll leave that micro stylus in the slot. It isn't quite the autonomous entity my laptop is. I gotta download apps to my laptop, then unpack them and run them across. Needless to say even this is too much work, when there's flu running rampant through our house. Ideally the apps and updates should d/l and self install. I expected better from the next door neighbors of Linus Torvalds, the fella that invented Linux. Yeah Joe Sixpack, Nokia is Finnish, NOT Japanese! I still run into that after 10 years of owning their phones. Of course these are the folks that believe that they have the right-of-way cuz their on a n/s street. Or that somehow they are justified in running my motorcycle off the road. If I can just reach that axe handle, I'll try to make their stupidity as painful as I can. Sorry Matt G. The Enya CD isn't working.

In other same news, while I won't be using the 770 for blogging or NaNoWriMo, I'll definitely be the technosnob around town with it....

The DEC-Top may get XP, and a gig in my locksmith vehicle. Too much of the necessary locksmith software is Redmond-Dependant. I mean all the catalogs are PDF Files, but my Point Of Sale (POS-Yep), and some inventorying and master-keying, record keeping programs are requiring windows xp. 20 years ago when I was young, dumb, etc. I'd have said "screw-em" and made my own web able toys for making my work easier. But that would definitely kill my remaining girl-chasing time.

1 comment:

Matt G said...

Hard to listen to Watermark when you're on a cycle. To avoid road rage, you have to play it while driving.